88-96 Walmgate, York, YO1 9TL, United Kingdom
Tel: 01904 231 333
Fax: 01904 231 334
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) understands that from time-to-time your booking may be affected by weather or natural disasters that are not planned. In such cases, we make every possible effort to keep you informed and to provide you with the level of service that you require so that you can manage your bookings and plan around these unforeseen circumstances. If a Travel Advisory exists, we will display details about the advisory, how your booking may be affected and the process for how to proceed with as little stress and inconvenience as possible.
As a guest of IHG Hotels & Resorts, we appreciate your loyalty and the trust you place in us as a travel partner.
Recognising the ongoing and increased uncertainty that coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing around the world, our highest priority is the health and well-being of our guests and employees. With that in mind, we wanted to update you on the actions we have taken in response to the outbreak.
Given the flexibility our guests and customers need right now we have implemented the following policies:
For Existing Bookings:
Existing bookings (bookings made through 6 April 2020) at all IHG hotels* can be changed or cancelled for stays up to 31 August 2020, noting that:
• Hotels are subject to local law in the market in which they operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (including the type and timing of the refund).
• If you cancel a rate which required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. Refunds (which may be vouchers where required by local law) may take up to 90 days for hotels to process from the date of cancellation. Reservations may be changed without a fee but may result in different pricing.
• Exclusions may apply for time periods with special event restrictions or peak demand weeks.
• Bookings via a third-party: For bookings made through an online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) or third-party travel professionals, please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
• Groups & Meetings Bookings: We will work with customers to manage any changes needed to Group & Meeting bookings on a case by case basis. Our hotels are actively supporting groups and meetings organisers to address the needs of each group, including moving event dates to another time, in line with the terms and conditions of that booking. Please contact the hotel the booking was made with to discuss further.
• *Cancellation fees for existing and new domestic bookings at all IHG hotels in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR and the Taiwan region will be waived for stays up to 30 April 2020
We continue to monitor the evolving situation and will be keeping this policy under review.
For New Bookings:
We want to help you plan and book any future travel with confidence. So, we have several ways to support guests to amend travel plans as necessary:
• Book Now, Pay Later: This new rate offers flexibility and savings. With no deposit required and cancellations possible up to 24 hours before your stay for direct bookings, travel planning is commitment free. Guests benefit from 5% or more off our Best Flexible Rate for bookings made up to 3 September 2020 for stays until 30 December 2020 (excluding Greater China).
• Best Flexible Rate: This rate offers maximum flexibility to change or cancel your reservation. For direct bookings this rate can be fully changeable or refundable up to 6 pm (local hotel time) on the day of arrival (dependent on the hotels’ individual house policy).
• IHG Rewards Club Members Rates: Additional savings are available for IHG Rewards Club members on these Book Now, Pay Later and Best Flexible rates.
• IHG Rewards Club nights: You can change or cancel these bookings with no penalty prior to the time period set by the hotel.
• We have removed our more restrictive (pre-paid/non-refundable) Advance Purchase rate from sale until later in the year (excluding Greater China)
• These rates, and others, have their own terms and conditions. Please refer to specific rate information when booking for further details - including cancellation terms. Changing the date on any reservations may result in different pricing.
To ensure we support all our guests in a timely manner there are several ways for you to get in touch:
• Modify or cancel your reservation online at Manage Your Stay or on the IHG app
• Call our Reservations and Customer Care team
• For bookings made through a travel agent or online booking platform (e.g. Booking.com, Expedia) please contact them directly
• For billing information or inquiries please complete this form to contact the hotel directly
• Please use this comment form if your request is not urgent or to report an issue and our Reservations & Customer Care team will respond in due course.
Due to current circumstances, some of our hotels are temporarily suspending operations. Guests with impacted reservations at these hotels will be contacted directly by IHG, your travel agent or the online booking platform you booked through.
The closure period for each hotel will differ by location and is determined by the requirements of each market.
For the health and safety of our guests and hotel colleagues, and in line with legislation and current best practice, some hotels are also operating modified or reduced services e.g. reduction in restaurant and bar service, alternative guest room furnishings and/or amenities. These changes are temporary and normal amenity and service levels will be reinstated as soon as possible and in accordance with legal requirements.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to resuming normal operations and welcoming our guests back at the appropriate time.
IHG Hotel Colleagues: Please visit our Hotel Colleague Job Center which connects you directly with employment opportunities and includes helpful resources and guidance.
Our number one priority is your health, safety and well-being. We are closely monitoring developments around the world and are in contact with global organisations including the World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and relevant authorities for country-specific requirements, to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable.
All our hotels are required to adhere to comprehensive health and safety procedures, including all local laws. In addition, we provide our hotels with best practices and guidelines and have supplemented these resources with additional COVID-19 cleanliness specific guidance, training and information, consistent with our own high standards.
• Activation of response teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels.
• Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including lobbies, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms) and high-touch points in guest rooms.
• All hotels have been advised on cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses.
• We continue to review food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
We know that many of our IHG Rewards Club members are now thinking about how to manage their loyalty activity this year and we are committed to supporting our members to do that. Our members are our most loyal guests and we want to give each member more reasons to get away and stay with us – when the time is right for them.
For our members in Greater China, click here for the latest information on IHG Rewards Club status.
Elite Membership Criteria:
With more constrained travel plans and a shorter time period during which members can earn Elite tier status, we are:
• Reducing the Elite membership criteria required (nights or points) this year by 25% or more:
• With this change our members can continue to earn Elite membership status this year and enjoy all the IHG® Rewards Club benefits this brings through 2020 and into 2021. This change will be reflected in members' accounts in the coming weeks.
• As a key benefit of our programme, points never expire for all members with Elite status (Gold, Platinum, Spire)
• Points expire for Club members only after 12 months of inactivity.
• By earning or redeeming points just once every 12 months members can keep points from expiring
• There are many ways you can do this without planning a stay, for example:
• Shop our IHG Rewards Club catalogue
• Download e-books and movies
• Buy Points
• Donate points to a good cause - including our True Hospitality for Good partner – the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies – who has activated a COVID-19 fund which provides medical assistance for those who need it most
• For all members with points due to expire from 1 April through to the end of the year, we are extending the expiration date of points to 31 December 2020. We’ll be contacting members with more information.
Anniversary night certificates earned through IHG Rewards Club credit cards (USA & UK):
• We are extending the expiration date of anniversary certificates that are set to expire in 2020. Certificates expiring from 1 March 2020 can now be used through 31 December 2020.
• Certificates issued in 2020 will have an 18-month redemption time period.
• We will be reaching out to cardmembers directly with more information.
Our teams pride themselves on providing True Hospitality for everyone – a promise that guides us every day and is fundamental during times like this.
Thank you for the trust and support you have in us and we look forward to welcoming you to an IHG hotel soon.
Updated: 6 April 2020
Attention: IHG does not collect social security numbers from our guests. If you receive a call from an unfamiliar caller/phone number asking for your social security number and are directed to IHG in response to this call, it is fraudulent and not from IHG. Please report this fraud attempt to your local authorities.
Indulge with our boutique hotel in York and enjoy two nights accommodation, a delicious three-course dinner for two in our No. 88 Walmgate restaurant on the first night... MORE
The two-night package at our hotel in York includes two nights accommodation in one of our fresh, modern rooms, a three-course dinner for two and.. MORE
The staff were consistently friendly, helpful and attentive!
A lovely hotel within walking distance to the centre of York. Very friendly, helpful staff on reception, bar area and dining room. The rooms were immaculately clean and well presented. The bed was absolutely huge and was extremely comfortable. The hotel has a modern, funky feel to it and was very welcoming. The breakfast was superb . Would definitely stay here again.
<p>Conveniently positioned within easy walking distance of the city and Minster. This was our third visit so obviously we’re fans. That said although the previous visits were excellent this time the stay was even better. On check in we were given a complimentary upgrade to a superior room as IHG elite members. The room was spacious, clean and well furnished. Large TV. Massive comfortable bed with high quality bedding. Complimentary snacks with fresh milk and the bonus of a Nespresso coffee machine complete with six “pods”. Decent sized bathroom which was clean and well stocked with quality toiletries. Breakfast on both mornings was excellent. Wide choice of hot and cold items. Plenty of quality juices and smoothies. Service excellent even when busy nothing seems rushed. Very highly recommended.</p>
Excellent hotel. Rooms very nice and extremely clean and quiet. Friendly staff both at reception and restaurant. Breakfast had fantastic choice. Location was really good lots of nice bars and restaurants just minutes away. Short walk to the Shambles and they offered parking just 2 minutes away for a small daily charge. Would definitely stay again. 5 Stars.
We have found that it’s the little things that make a huge difference when you’re travelling. They’ve nailed the little things here! You’re always warmly greeted when you pass reception. Comfortable bed, soft towels, immaculate room and free chocolate in the fridge! Breakfast is delicious and finally a coffee I enjoyed. Location is fabulous and parking was easy. Well done to the Team at Hotel Indigo.
We stayed at the Indigo for my birthday recently. It was very modern with quirky room features. The breakfast was world class - such a great variety of treats, including a good selection of gluten and dairy free food. The staff were very helpful and attentive.
Stayed for 2 nights, very good quality modern hotel with good sized rooms and breakfast. Cold buffet and hot food freshly cooked to order . Great location within a 5/10 minute walk of York center. Would highly recommend.
<p>My partner, daughter and I stayed for 3 nights on a city break in April 2018. The room was great, Fresh milk in the complimentary mini fridge, fantastic big bed, really really clean, excellent room service and thick black out curtains. The service was excellent from all the staff at all times - reception staff were helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was also fantastic, so much choice on offer and again, nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is really well located for the city. It was excellent value for money and we would definitely stay there again. Absolutely 10/10 all round.</p>
This is a nice hotel in a quiet area of York, but still within easy walking distance of the city centre / shambles walls etc. Lovely continental breakfast and a quiet bar area. Ideal if you want a bit of peace in a busy city.
Stayed one night in this hotel ,was very impressed. A warm welcome on arrival from the receptionist and the room was ready ahead of check in time. The room was lovely, very luxurious with lots of nice touche. Biscuits, chocolate and drinks in fridge. Very close to main town and York Minster. Had a lovely evening meal in the hotel restaurant, very reasonable priced and a nice breakfast in the morning before leaving. Would definitely stay here again.
Lovely hotel close to York centre and near all the main sites. Within 5 minutes walk to the Shambles. Excellent staff and facilities. On arrival complimentary mini treats in room due to it being my Birthday. Complimentary water and chocolate and biscuits in room together with tea making facilities. Made the 2 night stay in York most enjoyable. Would definitely stay there again and recommend.
We had a very pleasant stay on a Saturday night when visiting York. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from the Shambles and central York area. The staff were all good and friendly with good check in service and also in the bar. The breakfast choice and service was also very good. The room and the hotel was decorated very well. We stay here again if staying in York.